Hotel Policies & Fees
- Guests must have at least one adult aged 19 or older registered to each room.
- Check-in time is any time after 3PM. (Early check-in requests cannot be guaranteed). Our concierge Desk will be happy to store luggage until the room is ready to be occupied.
- Early Check-in Charges: 9am - 11am: $50.00 11am - 2pm: $30.00 2pm onward: N/C (based on availability).
- Check-out time is 11AM. (Late check-out requests will be accommodated where possible and may be subject to and additional charge).
- Late Check-out Charges: 11am - Noon: N/C (based on availability) Noon- 1pm: $30.00 1pm - 3pm: $50.00.
- The Hotel considers guests aged 17 and under to be children. Children 17 & under will stay free in the same room as a paying adult when using existing bedding. Our Front Desk must be advised of the exact number of adults and children at time of booking.
- Room Occupancy - Fire code permits a maximum of 5 guests in a room depending on room category. Some room types have a maximum occupancy of less than 5.
- Extra Person Charge - All room rates are based on single or double occupancy. An additional charge of $10.00 per person/per night plus taxes will apply for additional Adult guests over 2.
- Rollaway Beds & Playpens - Rollaways are $15.00 per night plus taxes and are provided on a first come, first served basis. Not all guest rooms can accommodate a Rollaway Bed. They cannot be guaranteed at the time of booking. Playpens are Free and available on request.
- Parking - self parking is Free on our hotel property. Please ensure you remove any valuables and lock your vehicle.
- WiFi - Free in guest rooms and common areas.
- Specific Room Requests - We will do our best to hold specific room numbers or room locations although we cannot guarantee as unforeseen circumstances can occur.
- Pets - please see our Pet Policy page.
- Smoking Policy - the Days Inn Nanaimo is proud to provide a 100% Smoke Free Environment for our Guests & Staff. An additional $200.00 cleaning fee will be levied for smoking in guest rooms. Smoking is not permitted within 3 meters of door, windows or vents. Please ask our Guest Services Agents for the location of the designated Smoking Areas located on Hotel property.
- Damage/Theft - we reserve the right to charge Guests the cost of theft of hotel property and/or rectifying damage caused by the deliverate, negligent or reckless act of the Guests to the Hotel's property or structure. Should this theft or damage come to light after the Guests departure, we reserve the right to make a charge to the Guest's credit/debit card or send and invoice for the amount to the registered address.
PAYMENT POLICIES / DEPOSIT INFORMATION
- A valid major credit card is required at time of booking. If a credit card is not available, your reservation will only be held for a minimal time period and will be subject to release.
- A valid major credit card is also required at check in along with a valid piece of photo ID.
- The Days Inn Nanaimo accepts all major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover Card. Cash and Interac payment are also accepted - see note below. Personal cheques are not accepted unles prior approval is obtained from our Management.
- A pre-authorization on the guest's credit card will be taken at time of check in to cover the full stay including taxes with an additional $100.00 for the first day and $50.00 for subsequent days to cover any incidentals or damage that may occur during the Guest's stay.
- Cash, Debit Cards and Pre-Paid Credit Cards are accepted for payment at check out only.
- Companies wishing to pay with their company credit card must complete a Third Party Credit Card Authorization form and provide a legible copy of the front and back of the card as well as a copy of a valid piece of photo ID, preferably a Driver's License. These completed forms can be emailed or faxed to our Front Desk prior to arrival of the Guest. This form of payment is not accepted from individual Guests.
- Guaranteed reservations at the Days Inn Nanaimo must be cancelled by 4PM, 24 hours prior to arrival date to avoid cancellation penalties. If less than 24 hours, the first night room and taxes will be applied to the credit card on file.
- Pre-paid reservations are non-refundable (in most cases).
- Group reservations are subject to the cancellation and deposit policies outlined in the Group Confirmation at time of booking and may vary from standard Hotel polices.
- Hotel stays at the Days Inn Nanaimo are subject to applicable taxes totalling 15%. Taxes are comprised of 8% Provincial Sales Tax (PST), 5% Goods & Services Tax (GST) and 2% Municipal Regional Hotel Tax (MRDT).
- All rates are confirmed and will be charged in Canadian dollars. As currency exchange rates fluctuate on a daily basis, the hotel cannot guarantee a specific rate of exchange, therefore is not able to provide currency exchanges.
ADVANCE PURCHASE/NON-REFUNDABLE RATES
- Full pre-payment is required for this reservations - your credit card will be charged immediately. These rates are non-refundable and not available to groups.
- The Hotel considers anyone aged 60 and over as a Senior and offer discounted Senior Rates (5 - 15% off Rate of the Day). Picture ID may be requested at check in.
BCAA/CAA/AAA MEMBER RATES
- The Hotel offers discounted rates to memebers of various Auto Clubs. Membership card is required at check in.
- The Hotel offers Provincial & Federal Government rates to Government Employess. Government ID is required at check-in.